Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Boxedwidth]

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Stay in touch

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Why the name?



The name I have chosen for my blog, Count It Pure Joy, was carefully thought out and derived from multiple versions of one of my very favorite Bible verses, James 1:2.

Here are a few examples of the different versions:
  • "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations" (KJV) 
  • "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials" (NKJV) 
  • "Consider it nothing but joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you fall into various trials (AMP) 
  • "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds" (NIV)
You get the picture... We are so fortunate to have so many versions of God's word at our fingertips. I love the traditional paperback/hardback Bible, but I am often found using the You Version app on one of my mobile devices. I could talk about You Version all day, but I will get to that in another post!

I am so excited to share my journey with you! It is a journey of many roads: love, grief, and faith, just to name a few. I hope you will come to visit and stay a while. I look forward to counting each joyful moment with you spreading as much hope, happiness and love as possible and giving God all the glory!
QuickEdit
Unknown
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @georgialoustudios